Victorias Milling Company, Inc. is founded by Miguel J. Ossorio with his wife Paz, his brother Francisco, Shiras M. Jones, and Claudio R. De Luzuriaga. It has a grinding capacity of 1,500 tons of sugar cane daily.
The sugar factory begins operations.
VMC begins its refinery operations, the second to be established in the Philippines.
North Negros Sugar Company (NONSUCO), the first mill that MJ Ossorio established in 1917 in the town of Manapla, begins distillery operations.
From this year onwards, both VMC and NONSUCO sustained sugar exportation to the United States. VMC builds its fleet.
The Second World War ravages the Philippines and subsequently, VMC’s facilities.
VMC’s facilities commence rehabilitation immediately after the Second World War. The company also acquires the heavily damaged NONSUCO, and merges the latter’s surviving assets with its own.
The Victorias Golf & Country club opens.
The C-Mill, the first automatic mill in the Philippines, is installed at the raw sugar factory.
The first diesel-electric locomotive joins the company fleet.
VMC starts its food processing operations.
Canetown Development Corporation sets up the Canetown Subdivision to address the residential needs of VMC employees and retirees.
The VMC food processing plant, now known as Victorias Foods Corporation (VFC) exports canned light tuna chunks to Canada.
A Yoshimine boiler goes into operation, adding to the steam supply as well as to the electric generating capacity of the mill.
Victorias Agricultural Land Corporation (VALCO) is set up.
Hit hard by the Asian Financial Crisis, VMC goes under a corporate rehabilitation program.
VMC begins a 15-year debt-to-equity restructuring program.
VMC resumes trading in the Philippine Stock Exchange as the SEC orders the lifting of its trading suspension.
VMC fully pays all its restructured loans and successfully redeems all its convertible notes.